[mythtv-users] How to reply - Part 2

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 19:51:36 EDT 2004

And, if your replies are all out of whack, the rest of the thread may
(will) not be taken into account.  It is likely that you confusion
will follow and the world will self implode.

Fred, mail me personally if you would like a GMAIL invite, it works
out well for these sort of  posts.  Think of your GMAIL account as a
special mailing list application if you like rather than annother
email address ;)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:03:42 -0400, Joseph A. Caputo
<jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 09 September 2004 18:15, Fred wrote:
> > Thank you all for showing me the various ways to reply.
> >
> > Now I know enough to add the following bit of information.
> > I choose to read the messages one-at-a-time my bringing up
> > the archive of messages for a particular month.
> >
> > I'll pause here while those who might wish to say,
> > (under their breath of course) "Fred is a dummy".
> > And you would be perfectly correct to think so.
> >
> > I value a nearly spam-free mailbox SO MUCH, that I prefer
> > to read the messages one-at-a-time and avoid e-mail of all kinds.
> >
> > I am old enough to remember that when the telephone was invented
> > people called it "An instrument of the devil".  I kind of feel the
> > same way about e-mail.  I use e-mail to order DVDs, books, and stuff.
> >
> > Until the mailing list allows direct replying, as in USENET, I'll
> > have to do the best I can to indicate some connection to earlier
> > entries in the list.
> >
> > Thanks again for letting me know about all the various ways in use
> > for replying.
>
> I won't comment; I'd merely like to suggest that if you prefer to read
> the mailing list on the web rather than receive it as mail, you may
> enjoy using the threaded, searchable (forum-like) read-only archive at:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
>
> It won't help you get your replies handled properly, though.
>
> -JAC

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH