[mythtv-users] Problem with FC2 MythTV install

James L. Mayhugh mythtv at gmj.com
Thu Sep 9 19:11:07 EDT 2004

Hello ,

 I'm trying to install MythTV using Jarod's instructions, and when I
 attempt to /sbin/modprob ivtv, I'm getting the followin error:

WARNING: /etc/modprobe.conf line 17: ignoring bad line starting with
'add'
FATAL: Error inserting ivtv
(/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/updates/drivers/media/video/ivtv.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

dmseg is as follows:

ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_close
ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_lseek
ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_read
ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_open
ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_close
ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_lseek
ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_read
ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_open

I've d/l'd the lateset drivers per the instructions, and am running
the 2.6.8-1.521 kernel that from atrpms.

This is a first for me, so I'm a little lost.
--
Best regards,
 James
 mailto:mythtv at gmj.com