[mythtv-users] PVR-250 Model 975 vs. Model 980

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 22:07:25 EDT 2004

I am planning on building a mythtv system and I still haven't decided
if I should use my 1.2Ghz Athlon with 256 Megs RAM or just build a new
system that's super quiet and fits in my entertainment center. For now
I have decided to play with existing computer and see how it works.
Either way I need a tv capture card. I was going back and forth
between the 250 and 350 but since I will probably want to view divX
movies and the like I figured I'd just go for the 250. Now on amazon I
noticed they had 2 models, the 975 and the 980, both described as the
PVR-250. The 975 is $133.99 and the 980 is $128.94 so not a big deal,
980 is a popular choice. (and I haven't really found anything talking
about the 975) However they have a new and used section and someone
has it for $70.97... it appears it is an actual company. I could
essentially buy 2 for almost the same price as one.

So my question is, what is the difference? Amazon doesn't have much
information about the 975 nor could I find much doing a search. I
ended up ordering it because if it works it just saved me a lot of
money.