[mythtv-users] Required CPU and PVR250

Dr NoName spamacct11 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 13:46:12 EDT 2004

With PVR-250 you should be fine since encoding takes
less than 1% of the CPU. I have Athlon 2400XP and
full-screen playback at 1280x960 takes up about 30% of
the CPU. Note that the CPU has to stretch the picture
from 720x480 in real time. I'm guessing that on a TV
monitor, this would be a lot less. I would certainly
give the P3 a try before buying any new hardware.