[mythtv-users] Can apt-get upgrade break an install?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 7 11:49:05 EDT 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 19:45, David Lyons wrote:
> I went and did an apt-get update/upgrade to apply the latest packages to
> my mythtv box. When the packages were installing I got a warning that my
> /etc/apt/sources.list file was replaced.
> When I looked at the above file I no longer had Axel Thimm's site listed
> as a source (which I added back in).
> That being said, as a newbie, should I be more careful about running the
> above commands for fear that it may break something mythtv requires.

Typically, it won't remove anything without telling you, and a dist-upgrade
won't yank any required packages. I'm not sure what happened with the
sources.list getting replaced. Could be that apt from another repo overrid

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...
MythTV Searchable Mailing List Archive