[mythtv-users] PVR-250 Bitrate and transcoding?

Robert Goodkin rgoodkin2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 11:00:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

Posted another question earlier about stability,
wanted to get some things cleared up as I am new to
the PVR-250.  I am using the latest ivtv ebuilds from
gentoo, was wondering if I can actually change the
bitrate in the recording profiles from gentoo and have
it change the bitrate of the recording files (thought
it was locked)?  If so what do you guys find to be a
good rate for files @ 352x320?

If I want to transcode this badboy to MPEG4, where do
I set the "automatically transcode after recording"
checkbox?  In the "From MPEG2" transcode settings or
the "default" MPEG2 settings?

Thanks,
Bob