Fw: [mythtv-users] More FC2 MythTV problems...

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 6 14:24:03 EDT 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 07:26, 1canuck2 wrote:
> Its a PVR-250. I have the ivtv drivers installed, and my capture card is
> working with cat /dev/video0.
> dmesg shows that the card is being recognized so do you have any ideas why
> there is no hardware encoder choice listed?

If you're not seeing the encoder options, as Isaac hinted, you may not have
the card defined properly in your system. Fire up mythtvsetup and make sure
that you defined the card type as a PVR-x50 hardware encoder card, or
whatever it is, instead of a standard v4l card.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...