[mythtv-users] tv_grab_dvb: programme times wrong

Carl Foat pearlsfield at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 12:28:40 EDT 2004

Al wrote:
> using tv_grab_dvb (using crystal palace transmitter in the u.k.) to fill
> myth db but seeing a few problems:
>
> 1. times are one hour early – if I just grab to an xml file, programme
> due to start at 10.30 has start time of 9.30. is this a gmt/daylight
> savings thing or have I missed something?

I think it might be a summer time thing but I'm not sure, in any case
you call tv_grab_dvb with an option that offsets the times by whatever
you specify before writing the xml (not in front of my myth box so can't
remember exactly what it is). Try tv_grab_dvb --help

> 2. category info is sketchy – some music radio shows are listed as
> movie/drama

This is a known issue with tv_grab_dvb. Personally, I'm willing to live
with it for the speed and to avoid having to hammer the rt site for ages.

> anyone else seeing these issues, or am I on my own?

Peter.