[mythtv-users] DTS working, at all?

Blammo[doh] blammo at dohboys.com
Sun Sep 5 11:19:15 EDT 2004

Anyone had any luck making DTS work in a Myth setup?

I can't RIP as DTS - the myth ripper quits and says nothing to do within the first 30 seconds of ripping
I can't PLAY as DTS - I downloaded a couple of DTS wav files, and when I play them, even through the CVS version of mplayer, which has DTS support, I get white noise.

My amp has no problem with DTS - I can pop the same DVD into my player, and light it up DTS.

My myth box has no problem with 5.1, 6.1, or PCM via the same Amp.

Anyone actually have DTS working from their myth box?

FWIW, I ripped a chapter from an outstanding DTS movie I own, "The Red Violin" and here's the complaint I get from mplayer when I try to force it to DTS (yes, I have libdts-0.2 installed)

MPlayer dev-CVS-040903-21:00-3.3.2 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team

Playing TheRedViolin-001.vob.
MPEG-PS file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x480  (aspect 3)  29.970 fps  9800.0 kbps (1225.0 kbyte/s)
Forced audio codec: hwdts
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x2000.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!