[mythtv-users] TV is cutting of edges.

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Sep 4 20:38:21 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 07:56:34PM -0400, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > I'll clarify Matt's problem, because I have it too.
> >
> > The desired outcome, as far as I can see, would be to be *able* to set
> > your video-card to slightly overscan your TV, *without* making the
> > non-live-video portions of the UI *either* be inside a window or spread
> > to the edges of the monitor -- that is, we need some (preferably
> > configurable) inside padding on the Myth root window around the UI
> > controls.
>
> There are aleady options in the appearance settings that allow you to
> adjust for overscan.  So adjust video card to slightly overscan and
> then adjust the gui to not exceed beyond the boundries of your screen.

We'd tried those, and they didn't seem to have any effect -- I'd
*assumed* that they were the inset used when you ran the UI in a
window, which we would prefer not to do; is that not what those knobs
mean?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi