[mythtv-users] Re: DVD, Picture quality & PVR350

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Sep 4 03:23:17 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 10:29:43PM +0100, Prash wrote:
> My system is Fedora Core2 and all my rpms from ATRPMS except for
> IVTV 105k which has been compiled from source.(with hacked function
> load_fw_direct to circumvent sys_close errors)

could you try the 107o rpms? They should have this fixed.

> 1) MythDVD playing is not possible on TV at this moment with PVR 350? I
> know there is a patch for mplayer(-vo ivtv:/dev/video16) but people have
> experienced problems. When is this likely to be implemented?
> I don't have that patch but if I play it without -vo option, all I get is
> sound! no picture!

mplayer from ATrpms has the ivtvosd patch, Try mplayer -vo help:
[...]
Available video output drivers:
        ivtvosd IVTV OSD
[...]

> 2) The ripped DVDs when played through mythvideo using mplayer has the
> same problems - no video- no menu control - just sound. If I use "mythtv
> %s", then all I get is crisp picture but no sound?

-vo ivtvosd should help here, too.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net