[mythtv-users] Audio Overlapping

Sean Savage sean at technothingy.net
Fri Sep 3 18:58:34 EDT 2004

First off, I will say that I have thoroughly read through the "Configuring
Sound" and "Troubleshooting Audio" sections on mythtv.org.  That said, I
still have a problem.  What is happening is that the live audio is playing
over the compressed video/audio.  I went into xawtv and even though the line
in is muted, I still hear sound.  When I mute the pcm, it goes away.  In my
understanding pcm is for digital to analog playback... and if xawtv only
uses the analog sound to begin with, why is it going through the pcm..?

Any ideas?

Sean

---