[mythtv-users] Transferring recordings to another Myth setup

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 3 08:09:56 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've got a stack of recordings (150GB+) I made for my GF over the past
year, who now has her own Myth setup. I want to copy these recordings
across to her machine so that I can reclaim my space.

Copying the files across isn't too much of a problem, but I'm not sure
exactly what information in which tables of the database also needs to
be copied across. None of the recordings are flagged for commercial,
have positions saved, or cut point.

I don't suppose that simply copying the relevant entries from the
'record' and 'recorded' tables would be sufficient?

Has anyone created a script that would allow me to do this for a bunch
of recordings automatically?

Cheers,
-Kent