[mythtv-users] Re:Particularly weird PVR350 X Output problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 2 18:05:24 EDT 2004

On 09/02/2004 05:47 PM, Mario L wrote:

>Well it doesn't flat out say it is a via chipset , but since there are
>a lot components that use via modules and lspci identified them as
>via, that should have stuck right out to me! :)
>
>Anyhow, I am recompiling my kernel without ACPI hoping for luck.  Any
>other workarounds?

Sell a friend a computer with the Via chipset and get a Myth box
without.  :)  (I went SiS--cheap and not Via--and my system is
rock-solid now.)

>I'm currently using ivtv 0.1.9, would jumping up to one of the devel
>versions fix the problem hopefully?

Fix?  No.  Help?  Probably.

Just make sure you read up on how to use the new ck patches (i.e. *no
options at all* in your /etc/mod{ules,probe}.conf, and *always* load
with modprobe--*not* with insmod.

Mike