[mythtv-users] Re: SOLICITATION: Record/Transcode Parameters Wanted

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 2 16:07:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:05:50AM +0100, David wrote:
> >>There is a full schema documented as of 0.15 (I think) here
> >>http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MySql_2fDatabaseSchema
> >
> >Well, it's there, but it's not really what you'd call *documented*,
> >which I believe you've found my note on by now.  :-)
> >
> Ah, well, the nice thing about the wiki is that the great start Kevin
> made has been somewhat taken over by BayLink.
> I think you'll find it a tad more comprehensive (although still incomplete).
> Of course, the more interested parties get involved, the sooner the work
> is done ... :)
>
> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UserManual/TechnicalDetailsAppendix/DatabaseSchemata

Kevin posted that before seeing my query to him; he's kindly consented
to let me steal all his nice typing and split it up; those who *know
what each table's rows are*, and the assumptions made upon them, are
cordially invited to stop in and contribute, even if I haven't gotten
the page templated yet.

Things are coming along nicely, a week in, to the point where, buried
in this thread, I'll point out the head page of my User Manual project:

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UserManual

All comments (and contributions) welcome; check out the Wiki Quick
Start if you're not familiar with working on collaborative
documentation using a Wiki:

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/WikiQuickStart

And, try to avoid giving us a ration about the damn StudlyCaps, ok?  We
know; it's stupid looking, but it works.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi