[mythtv-users] Fedora Core 2 Apt Repo and AtRPMs

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 2 15:52:58 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:28:11AM -0500, Jason Lee wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > FC2 is *still* a somewhat shaky platform for a myth box because of the
> > constantly changing kernel... But both my Myth boxes are running on FC2
> > now. Kernels and ivtv drivers are on ATrpms, they just aren't in the
> > stable repo, which is the one enabled by default. You have to enable
> > at-bleeding for the ivtv drivers and at-testing for the kernel (bleeding
> > encompasses testing, so you don't need entries for both).
>
> Hmm.  I did that and got kernel 2.6.8-1.521.  I also installed
> kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.8-1.521-0.1.10-41_pre2_ck104f.rhfc2.at.  When I
> modprobe ivtv, I get this error:
>
> FATAL: Error inserting ivtv
> (/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/updates/drivers/media/video/ivtv.ko): Unknown
> symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
>
> dmesg, in turn, tells me
>
> ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_close
> ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_lseek
> ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_read
> ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_open
>
> Pardon me for being obtuse, but... eh?

Starting with, IIRC, 2.6.7, those symbols aren't available to drivers
anymore.  I *thought* all the ck drivers were ok on that, but maybe
not.  Downgrade your kernel, or check with Chris to see if he's fixed
that yet.

NOTE: if you're using a real distro, you need to remember to be careful
what kernel upgrades you let be performed automagically.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi