[mythtv-users] lirc and mythtv

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 2 15:16:37 EDT 2004

Verteiler wrote:

> So now I have my mythtv server und and running (thanks to your help, I
> shall probably compose a mini howto regarding FC2, ivtv and myth) the
> only thing not working is my Hauppauge remote control. I have followed
> Jarod's how-to and everything works fine (I do see the appropriate
> output when using irw!). I have used the apt-get utility to install
> mythtv and I hope the lirc functionality is compiled into this version.
> When I run mythtv it does not react to any buttons pressed. Can someone
> clue me what to do?

First clue: don't reply to another thread to start a new one. Create a
new email. You're messing up the threading for both the archives and
people that use threading email clients.

Second clue: do you have a ~/.mythtv/lircrc file set up?

I'm running on FC2 for both my machines, both of which have full
functionality as far as remote control of MythTV. And yes, the ATrpms
MythTV packages have native lirc compiled in.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...