[mythtv-users] PVR 350 vs PVR 250?

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Thu Sep 2 10:01:24 EDT 2004

Le jeu 02/09/2004 à 08:56, John Kuhn a écrit :
> Does that OpenGL also work with the MythPhoto plugin? i just assumed it
> wouldnt work so i left it out..
>
> --John
>
> >I am playing AVI and DVD's (I haven't try other formats yet) without
> >much problem. I even have OpenGL configured for the MythMusic animations
> >and everything run just fine on my TV-out using the X server with the
> >framebuffer. I have a Intel Celeron 2 GHz and 512 MB RAM.
> >

> ----

Of course it is. In fact, I have enabled OpenGL everywhere I can,
initially it was just for testing. When there is no hardware support for
OpenGL, the rendering is done by software and consume some cpu cycles.
So, if you have plenty of cpu cycles to throw at it, it shouldn't be a
problem until it becomes too complex. So, as far as I know, the OpenGL
animations already implemented are not too complex yet for my cpu.