[mythtv-users] IRQ 15 shared by integrated audio and PVR350?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Wed Sep 1 03:56:05 EDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:55:50 -0400, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2004 04:06 AM, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
>
>> I recently added a PVR250 to my existing Pundit+PVR350 system, and I
>> seem  to be getting crackling audio on recordings
>
> Under your playback settings for TV:
>
> Extra audio buffering:
> This attempts to keep extra audio data in the internal buffers.  Try
> setting this if you're getting crackly audio. (Not used for software
> encoded video.)
>
> or, the improved description from CVS:
>
> Enable this setting if MythTV is playing "crackly" audio and you are
> using hardware encoding. This setting will have no effect on MPEG-4 or
> RTJPEG video. MythTV will keep extra audio data in its internal buffers
> to workaround this bug.
>
> Mike

Yup, I tried that. Seemed to help the first time I tried it (when both
cards where recording and the 350 was decoding), but now I still get the
crackling audio (no recording going on). I haven't tracked down if it's
only recordings from the 250 that have bad audio, or the 350, or just the
playback...

Do you have to turn on/off any other settings under playback settings?

/ Niklas