[mythtv-users] Problem with mythtv & budget DVB card - please help

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sun Oct 31 21:38:18 UTC 2004

Esa Nurmi wrote:

> ===== trace output at startup =====
> Starting up as the master server.
> 2004-10-31 22:14:01 Channel::Open(): Can't open: /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0: Operation not supported

Please do a "ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/" and send the results. I don't
know but maybe the major/minor numbers are wrong (they were changed in
the kernel recently) or possibly your myth user doesn't have access to
the device (but then I think you should get "access denied" instead of
Op not supported.)

Please also take a look at
http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html (if you haven't already
done that) and follow his setup and do the tests to be sure the drivers
are working correctly.