[mythtv-users] Mplayer problem (came out of the Sample Video question)

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Oct 31 01:16:15 UTC 2004

I've been using and admin of various unix and linux platforms
for quite some time (like 10 years or so?  wow) and been running
myth in a usable for for about 6-8 months.  I've been fooling
around with mplayer, and never gotten it to play video
from the command line right.  All recorded shows and stuff
from within myth is fine.  The best way to describe the
video of pre-recorded stuff (like VOBs and DVD ISOs) is that
it looks like a twizzler.  Imagine a tube of pillsbury grands
biscuits and the image is like that, but the twist is a
whole lot tighter.

I used to see this on old TVs where the horizontal hold (or
maybe vertical, dunno) is totally out of whack.

Is there any hope of straightening it out?

Paul