[mythtv-users] Sample Video

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Oct 30 23:21:10 UTC 2004

Fixing the evil top poster's mistake...
Question below.

>>On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:23:23 -0500, Gerard Schlundt
><gerard.schlundt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have just configured a myth machine.  But I do not have a capture
>> card.  I would like to test playback of pre-recorded media.  Are
there
>> any good places to download sample media?
>>
>> -G
>>> "nate s" <nate.strickland at gmail.com> 10/30/04 3:04 PM >>>
>All over the place.   Google is your friend here.
>
>However, I don't know that that would be a very fair test of a myth
>box.  Most of the cool things it can do require a capture card.
>Really, without one, you're just as good with simply mplayer.
>
>-Nate

That's an interesting statement about mplayer.  I've never gotten
it to work right, although my caputred stuff comes out looking
great.

Is this because I'm trying to watch files over VGA out instead of
the S-video out on my GeForce440mx?  I've never been able to
get mplayer to work right, so I just figured it was some oddball
config on my machine...

Any help or explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Paul