[mythtv-users] Add menu option to run external command

Asher Schaffer FreeDenizen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:18:22 UTC 2004

Hi,
I searched around, but was unable to find an answer to this.

How do I add a menu option to run an external command?  I want to add
a menu option to run:  xset dpms force suspend     or force off.  The
idea being that I can turn off my crt w/o having to get up and turn it
off, I'm lazy sometimes, or watch tv before going to bed.  I don't
mind having to hit the keyboard to turn it back on, although pressing
a key on the remote would be preferable, I don't think that will be an
option.  Has anyone does this before?

TIA