[mythtv-users] Missing Disk Space with XFS

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sat Oct 30 18:40:42 UTC 2004

To both Mark and Glenn,

This is probably a software bug of not closing files.  I saw it
on my machine a while back.  Keep in mind on Unix/Linux,
you can "unlink/delete" a file that is open by a process.
The file will be removed from the directory listings, but the
file will still be there and taking up space until all processes
close that file (if any have it open).

Therefore, you probably just have to exit and restart
the mythtv front and backend programs to reclaim your
space, not reboot or unmount the partition.

Brian