[mythtv-users] License Question...and Zap2it

John Dickson jman at neonramp.com
Sat Oct 30 15:57:29 UTC 2004

I posted a couple questions on the list regarding licenses and the return was positive. Now the email regarding Zap2it appears and this would be a license issue. I want to cover my bases.

 I would like to put this kind of system into a commercial position. I have looked at licenses associated to a gazillion apps on FC2, posted questions on this and other forums and the recent illumination on Zap2it Labs license agreement is good news.

 The idea that this could possibly be used as a commercial machine I can operate without a guide as long as I can still start Mythtv without having to run mythfilldatabase, is ok. The guide data by itself is good but not necessary so long as I can schedule events within a guide type calendar. As a matter of fact, if I could operate in a calendar that segments out slots for channels 1,2,x,x,x,33,35,x,123 in 1/2 hour segments that is all I need. If this calendar were a blank schedule with this dynamic I could operate.
  The data from Zap2it Labs is great! I would love to have it in this application and I would like to know if there is an avenue for commercial subscription for service.
  Rest assured, I have not produced anything more than a home brew test-bed to explore this commercial possibility. Ergo the post on licenses.
  I would like to continue this license discussion to verify the possibilty and explore other functionality with scheduling.

 John