[mythtv-users] Myth freezes on ff and rew

Bill Fasbinder billf at lavirtual.net
Sat Oct 30 04:00:17 UTC 2004

One thing of note:

I had tried to puase a recording again and was composing my last e-mail to this
group when the display released and reverted to a pause state. I was able to
unpuase and watch for a while. I, of course, tried to FF and again had the same
issue. Looking at dmesg output I see this:

ivtv: ENC: PGM Index at 0x0017e56c with 0x00000190 elements
saa7115: decoder disable output
saa7115: decoder enable output
ivtv: DEC: User stopped waitq.
ivtv: OSD: Last DMA xfer from 0xbf37a008 of 1376256 bytes failed with (-4)
offset = 0x00000000
ivtv: DEC: User stopped waitq.
ivtv: OSD: Last DMA xfer from 0xbf37a008 of 1376256 bytes failed with (-4)
offset = 0x00000000

Does that indicate anything to anyone?

Quoting Bill Fasbinder <billf at lavirtual.net>:

> I'm experiencing an odd problem.
>
> While watching recordings in mythtv, if I fast forward or rewind
> (comersical/skip) my display freezes. I've still got the normal TV display.
> can see the progress bar and the TV image. The display is simple frozen in
> place. I am able to pause and restart the recording but trying to navigate
> within the recording seems to just freze the screen.
>
> Killing the mythfrontend process removes the progress bar but is otherwise
> uneventfull. The screen remains frozen.
>
> I've got a 2Ghz Celeron with a PVR250 and PVR350. I'm using the PVR350s
> composite TV out. It was installed using Jarreds fine HOWTO for Fedora
> Core1.
> Mythfrontend never complains and there is no output indicating an error. The
> same is true of mythbackend.
>
> The machine remains operable, in that I can ssh to it and other than the
> display
> being completely whacked appears to be functioning normally.
>
> Watching other videos works properly. I can FF and RW in my mgp and avi
> recordings.
>
> The recordings appear complete and normal. If i don't try to move around in
> the
> sime sequence there is no problem.
>
> I'm baffeled by this problem and have no error to track down. :(
>
> Is anyone else experienceing this issue? I've searched the archive and can
> find
> no refrence to the same problem.
>
> I suspect the IVTV drivers but have nothing to track down.
>
> --
> Bill Fasbinder

Bill Fasbinder