[mythtv-users] 350 X performance hideously SLOW

Darren Breeze dbhk at darrenbreeze.com
Sat Oct 30 01:19:40 UTC 2004

Hi

I have a system that is basically running with a PVR-350 on FC2 with ivtvdev
for X, but no matter what I do, what slot I put the 350 in etc. The speed of
X windows is so slow, it's un-usable. To give you a clue, the desktop
background takes about 1.5 seconds to draw on the screen.

The motherboard I am using runs an Athlon and uses the NVIDIA chip set for
everything (Net Sound VGA etc.). The only other PCI card in the system is a
fire wire adaptor.

It's all working apart from this.

Can anybody shed some light on this systems lack of go?

thanks

Darren Breeze
Hong Kong