[mythtv-users] Re: OT: Zap2it Labs Email

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 01:11:04 UTC 2004

it depends on what you charge for in selling the boxes, alot of
companies get around gnu licenses and such when they sell products
that contain linux or open source software by 1 including copies of
the original source and not representing the software as your creation
the 2 legal things you can sell, are the hardware that was purchased
at a reasonable markup, and then support for the setup and service of
the equipment, if you dont actually sell the software or claim to
provide subscription services without making contracts with zap2it its
gets real shady, but if you give them support to configure thier own
account according to mythtv rules, then they are following the
opensource guidelines that TMS set forth, but I guess it depends on
how many of those boxes you make and sell.

Just my 2 pennies