[mythtv-users] Overlapping channels and program info duplication

Julian Edwards ed at julian-edwards.com
Fri Oct 29 23:03:17 UTC 2004

Hi all

I searched the archives but nothing seems appropriate to this problem.
I've got two video sources (NTL cable via a PVR-250 and a Nova-T DVB
card) that have some overlapping channels.

Currently I have to download two XML files for mythfilldatabase which a)
means downloading data twice unecessarily, and b) duplicated data in mysql.

I have the overlapping channels defined twice, once in each source.  I
set the callsign and channel number the same so that they don't appear
twice in the guide.

Is there a better way of doing this or am I stuck with duplicated data?

Thanks,