[mythtv-users] Race condition

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Fri Oct 29 15:26:34 UTC 2004

> Finally got around to this over the weekend. HDTV playback on my dual Athlon
> MP 2000 system (w/a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 for video, outputting to a 21" monitor)
> runs with the CPUs collectively about 55% idle.

Yeah, I'm seeing roughly the same level of performance on my dual
Opteron 244.  This is a bit disappointing, considering the HT Pentium
4 3.2 is about 65% idle on the same workload.  I think there may be
something else going on here, because the dual Opteron is much, MUCH
faster than the Pentium on compiles (maybe even 2x).

Cheers,
Kyle