[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt (again)

Christopher McEwan christopher.mcewan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 10:00:00 UTC 2004

Yes, just alt-tab, im using the Axels ATRPMS of tv_grab_uk_rt and its
working fine for me.

I was getting script errors like when selecting a channel with a
simmilar name to another it wouldnt display a list of the channels it
would find but would still ask you which one to pick.

This seems to have been sorted recently as it works flawlessly for me now.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:22:37 +0100, Prash <getprashman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mythsetup should not hang. All you have to do is alt+tab to get to the console.
>
> The version on ATRPMS of tv_grab_uk_rt does not work. That configure
> bug has been fixed in the xmltv CVS so I've been told. Download that
> script from CVS.
>

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:52:05 +0100, Greg <greg.d at cwgsy.net> wrote:
> > I think I know what you mean, just alt/tab out to konsole (that's how I run
> > it anyway) and it should be waiting for input. If you've already populated
> > tv_grab_uk_rt.conf copy it to ~/.mythtv/<whatever you called the video
> > source>.xmltv, so for me it's /home/mythtv/.xmltv/radio times.xmltv, then
> > you can just run mythfilldatabase and you should be in business.
> >
> > HTH
> > Greg
> >

> > > Seems like this is a continual challenge from a quick search
> > > of the archives.
> > >
> > > Initially I was getting nowhere with downloading the
> > > schedules; inside mythtvsetup (all my channels are setup and
> > > working fine viewing livetv) it would go straight to 50% and
> > > hang; outside of myth, running tv_grab_uk_rt --configure
> > > would crash with a scripting error when running with the
> > > --configure flag.
> > >
> > > I checked the archives and found that populating
> > > ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf would help. Sure enough, now when
> > > I run tv_grab_uk_rt outside of myth I can see the schedules
> > > downloading to standard output.
> > >
> > > The problem is, inside mythtvsetup it still jumps straight to
> > > 50% and hangs and the database is not populated.
> > >
> > > This is a FC2 box built following Jarods guide (a godsend!!).
> > > Any ideas on how to debug this further.
> > >
> > > Peter

Regards,

~CM