[mythtv-users] Sometimes sound does not record - recent problem

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Fri Oct 29 06:51:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been using mythtv successfully for many months, enjoying the heck
out of it.  I'm running the latest ATrpms packages on FC1 (thanks Axel
and Jarod), on a box with dual PVR-250s.  It's been running flawlessly
for months.

Two nights ago, the Daily Show recorded with no audio.  I figured it was
a fluke, maybe a problem with the cable signal.  Then tonight, three
shows recorded with no audio.  However, other shows recorded just fine
earlier, with perfect audio.  It's intermittent.  Like just now I went
to try "Watch TV" and the first channel (TNT) had no audio.  I went up a
channel, and the audio suddenly kicked in.  Then I went back to TNT and
the audio continued to work.

I did an apt-get upgrade a few days ago, and I'm wondering if maybe
something got upgraded that's causing the problem.  I'll paste some
package versions below.  I'm not sure what was upgraded most recently,
although I'm pretty sure ivtv was.  Could ivtv have anything to do with
this?  Perhaps I should downgrade to 0.1.9.  Can anyone help me figure
out what might be wrong?  I've tried rebooting, different combinations
of recording/playback, etc.

Thanks,
Mike

$ rpm -qa | grep myth
mythweather-0.16-57.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-isthmus-0.20040804-1.at
mythvideo-0.16-57.rhfc1.at
mythtv-themes-0.16-81.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-photo-4-6.at
mythgame-0.16-59.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-gant-0.pr1-2.at
mythtv-theme-visor-0.13.1-4.at
mythgallery-0.16-60.rhfc1.at
mythdvd-0.16-41.rhfc1.at
mythtv-suite-0.16-44.at
libmyth-0.16-81.rhfc1.at
mythtvsetup-0.16-81.rhfc1.at
mythmkmovie-1.0.1-3.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-sleek-0.35-2.at
mythnews-0.16-30.rhfc1.at
mythweb-0.16-63.at
mythbrowser-0.16-24.rhfc1.at
mythtv-0.16-81.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy-0.20031214-3.at
mythmusic-0.16-60.rhfc1.at
mythtv-backend-0.16-81.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-abstract-0.20040610-1.at
mythphone-0.16-1.rhfc1.at
mythtv-frontend-0.16-81.rhfc1.at

$ rpm -qa | egrep 'alsa|ivtv'
kernel-module-ivtv-2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_52.rhfc1.at-0.1.10-48.3_pre2_ck100zz.rhfc1.at
alsa-utils-1.0.6-10.rhfc1.at
ivtv-firmware-2.02.023-3.at
alsa-tools-1.0.4-0.fdr.1.1
kernel-module-alsa-2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_52.rhfc1.at-1.0.6a-31.rhfc1.at
alsa-lib-1.0.6-16.rhfc1.at
ivtv-0.1.10-48.3_pre2_ck100zz.rhfc1.at
alsa-devices-1.0.6a-0_30.rhfc1.at
perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-6.rhfc1.at