[mythtv-users] Crazy VNC idea

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Oct 29 04:25:31 UTC 2004

Aside from thinking I should be watching a Charlie Chaplin movie,
it wasn't all that bad.  The preview was absolutely smooth, but the
full size screen was a bit choppy.  Not unwatchable, but not exactly
something I'd want to call a pleasant viewing experience.

This little demo was enough for my wife to give me the
go-ahead for either a epia or pundit for a full blown front
end that could do music, movies, pictures and games with
support for a remote.

Paul

>>> "David Whyte" <david.whyte at gmail.com> 10/28/04 10:50 PM >>>
How is watching movies over VNC?  I doubt the refresh rate would be
very good would it?

Dave

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:41:17 -0400, PAUL WILLIAMSON
<pwilliamson at mandtbank.com> wrote:
> Ok, I had a really crazy idea tonight...my main myth box needed
> to get moved over from the "development" area to over by my
> stereo.  Before I moved it, I wanted to make sure I could get to
> the machine (more than ssh), so I installed vnc and fired up
> vnc on my work laptop upstairs.  Once I logged in, I brought
> up mythfrontend, and voila!, I was running myth on my laptop
> over VNC.  I can do everything, but I have no sound.  In googling
> around, I can't determine if I'm missing a setting, or if VNC
> just doesn't do sound.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Paul

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH