[mythtv-users] Can MythTV record at a lower frame rate?

Andrew Palm apalm at aae.com.au
Fri Oct 29 02:42:15 UTC 2004

> > Are you sure you want to shoehorn in mythtv for this? I'm
> sure there are
> > some more suitable apps around, http://www.zoneminder.com/
> springs to
> > mind.
> >

> Say, that looks like some very good software. I will give
> that a close look.
> Any other suggestions are also welcome!
>
> Basically, I was hoping to include both the CCTV cam
> recording, and MythTV
> Video server in the same box, which is why this solution came
> to mind. That,
> and not knowing of any other apps. So thanks a bunch for the
> advice! That's
> very helpful.

I use ZoneMinder at home for my cams at home and it works like a treat. Its
more suited to that type of work, with filters and setting up zones etc to
monitor inside the picture.

You would be best to have zoneminder running for your cams. It can record at
a lower rate. Other options are full time recording, only recording on a
event trigger (ie movement in the picture) etc.

Supports USB/wireless/bt8x8 cards etc.

I'm just a happy zoneminder user!

Andrew