[mythtv-users] Problem with TV_grab_au 0.6

Ng Theng Kiat tingjie at treblid.dyndns.org
Thu Oct 28 23:49:14 UTC 2004

David Whyte wrote:

>Heh.  I was going to use the EPG as my big 'feature' when I try and
>talk the house-hold into adopting Myth (if I ever get the f***er to
>work proper).  I hate not having up to date program info.
>
>I too would be willing to pay a *small* fee, but for goodness sake, it
>is just programming data.  I can't understand why it can't just be
>provided by the networks for free.

I guess most pple are willing to do that. Heck, I used to buy the Sunday
papers just so I can have a TV Guide for the coming week. I can live
with a *small* fee, as long as the service is accurate and reliable.
It's hard to get things for free nowadays, good that Myth is still free.
haha.

Anyway, while looking at the d1.com.au website, I can't help but notice
one thing - they did not acknowledge the fact they are using Myth (at
least not obviously to me). I am a newbie and havn't been following this
thread for long, and I don't really understand the open source licensing
thing. But I am really turned off by D1 for omitting the fact they are
using Myth software (at least the screen shots looked myth). A basic
courtesy is to put a obvious link to the Myth website, people will still
buy from them anyway, so why don't mention Myth in their website, and
the fact they are using open source software?