[mythtv-users] Which filesystem deletes large files the faste st?

Buechler, Mark R Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com
Thu Oct 28 00:06:43 UTC 2004

I have a separate mountpoint on an internal drive 20gig in size for the
ringbuffers. After about 24 hours this 20gig mountpoint will nearly fill.
With reiser when I escape from LiveTV this nearly 20gig file would take 30
seconds or more to delete. After reading this list I switched to JFS for
this mountpoint and just tonight tested it. A 20gig file under JFS deleted
in less than a second. I think hands down JFS is best for the ringbuffer.

- Mark.