[mythtv-users] TIVO series 2 remote w/ mythtv, PVR-350 IR port

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Wed Oct 27 22:57:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 11:38, Michael Fenston wrote:
> Has anyone out there made a mythtv lircrc file that they like for the
> TIVO peanut remote?  I have a Series 2 version that I want to use with
> my mythbox's PVR-350 IR input.  IE: trying to ditch the grey Hauppauge
> one as my Series 2 has a 1-2 switch so I can use 2 for the mythbox and
> thus not need another remote.  Has anyone tried this with success?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mike

Hi Mike, the Hauppauge ir receiver only supports the RC5 protocol.
There are only a few consumer devices (mostly Phillips tv's) which use
this protocol.  I'm pretty sure you'll need a different reciever to use
that remote.  You could always test it with irrecord and see if the
receiver will work that remote.

Wayne Steenburg