[mythtv-users] Re: Fedora MythTV Users- What is yum20 ?

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 20:49:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:28:16 +0200, Axel Thimm <axel.thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 10:24:09AM -0500, Mercury Morris wrote:
> > Axel,
> >
> > Here are the results of running 'yum20 info tkcvs'
>
> > OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/cache/yum/base'
>
> Do you have a
>
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
>
> in /etc/yum.conf? If so, please comment it out.
>
> What about the apt-get error?

Axel,

Yes, I do/did have a 'cachedir=/var/cache/yum" line
in /etc/yum.conf.  Removed it, yum20 works without error.
Thank you - I feel that I should have found that out myself.

The apt-get error?  If you mean "apt-get install tkdiff", then
I cannot answer that because I can't reproduce it.  When
I couldn't install tkdiff using that command, I just searched for
the rpm with 'rpm.pbone.net' (or other search site), and installed
tkdiff with an rpm command.  I depend so much on tkdiff,
I just went ahead and got it installed.

Today, after hours of working on the system and updating
mythtv, etc., the command "apt-get install tkdiff" does not
fail - it correctly reports that "tkdiff is already the newest version".

Thank you again for taking the time to look at what I would
call a User-Error.

--
MM