[mythtv-users] Sanity Check

Paul Pick paul.pick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 20:22:41 UTC 2004

> Case: Cooler Master ATC-620C-BX1
> PSU: ZALMAN Noise-free 300W(PFC) ATX (version 2.03) model ZM300B-APS
> Mother Board: Chaintech 7NIF2
> CPU: AMD Barton XP 2800+ OEM
> Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS6000-Cu Pure Copper CPU Cooler for Socket A/370 retail
> Memory: Pqi TURBO Series Dual Channel 184-pin 512MB (2x256MB)
> Disk: Seagate 7200rpm Ultra ATA/100 200GB (for mythtv and older 40GB
> drive for Fedora Core 2)
> Tuner: Hauppauge PVR 350
> Remote: the one that comes with the PVR 350

This is very close to the system I built for mythtv. I went with the
asus nforce2 matx and a different brands of ram and copper
cpu cooler... but the physical dimensions are about the same. I've
had no layout problems whatever and am very pleased with both
the case and the performance of the system.

I did tweak the case a little:

1. removed all the power to the front leds. I found that they were
    way too bright (they were nearly eye level in my setup).
2. added filters to the inside of the case where it's perforated
    on the sides, to cut down on dust.
3. replaced the (noisy) rear 60mm case fan with a silent
    version.

--
"We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different!"
 -- Kurt Vonnegut