[mythtv-users] Sanity Check

Jeff Thompson jefft at threeputt.org
Wed Oct 27 19:58:31 UTC 2004

Hi all, I am planning on building my first mythtv box. I have reviewed
many of the configs discussed on the mythtv-users mailing list, however,
I'd like to solicit comments on my planned config before actually
ordering the hardware.

Here is my planned config for a frontend/backend configuration:

OS: Fedora Core 2
Mythtv: 0.16
Case: Cooler Master ATC-620C-BX1
PSU: ZALMAN Noise-free 300W(PFC) ATX (version 2.03) model ZM300B-APS
Mother Board: Chaintech 7NIF2
CPU: AMD Barton XP 2800+ OEM
Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS6000-Cu Pure Copper CPU Cooler for Socket A/370 retail
Memory: Pqi TURBO Series Dual Channel 184-pin 512MB (2x256MB)
Disk: Seagate 7200rpm Ultra ATA/100 200GB (for mythtv and older 40GB
drive for Fedora Core 2)
Tuner: Hauppauge PVR 350
Remote: the one that comes with the PVR 350

I plan on adding a PVR 250 to the config for dual recording, but for
now, that's enough money for something that I might not even get
working!!! :)

This is the first h/w system I've ever built, so I'm worried that I
won't be able to squeeze everything into the ATC-620 depending on the
layout and size of components, etc.

Any comments, positive or negative are appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Jeff Thompson
jefft at threeputt.org