[mythtv-users] Recordings are 5 seconds short

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:33:44 UTC 2004

Ummmm.... why are you doing it that way? Why not break it up into MB
chunks using something like split? Also have you looked at automatic
transcoding to reduce the filesize? Without knowing what how they want
to use it, it's hard to suggest other possibilities but if you need to
splice it together anyway, split might be the way to go.
-Chris

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:38:22 -0400, Brian Meehan <bmeehan at rescueteam.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a project to roll MythTV out as a VCR-replacement for a
> contract company I do some work for. One of the requirements is that they be
> able to retrieve the files remotely, so due to bandwidth limitations, I've
> been recording a 30 minute program in 5 minute chunks. The problem arises
> when a segment is needed that spans 2 of the chunks. It seems that the chunk
> is exactly 5 seconds short, every time. Can't splice two chunks together
> when 5 seconds are missing. I've tried 2 minute chunks and 5 minute chunks.
>
> It's not just manual recordings, either. The normally scheduled full 30
> minute shows are also only 29:55.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on this? Much obliged!
>
> System Info: PVR250 x2, AthlonXP 1800+, /video = LVM (reiserfs) 120GB+200GB,
> FC2 per Jarod's Guide.
>
> ---

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi