[mythtv-users] Collaborative recommended viewing revisited...

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Wed Oct 27 07:00:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 22:22 -0800, John Andersen wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 21:11, Mike Benoit wrote:
> > So to get started, naturally I want to make it as simple as possible.
> > Just a script that uploads current recordings to a central database, and
> > one that grabs the recommended new titles.
>
> So, If I understand you right, anything that dwells on my drive (presumably
> in some user specified directory) gets its database name, episode, etc. etc.
> uploaded to this DB in the sky, and counts as a "vote" for that program?
>
> Q1: Are we measuring quality or taste?
> Q2: Does it matter?
> Q3: would this include only TV recordings or also any ripped dvds and home
>       movies that people happen to have?

No, only your currently scheduled recordings (not even past recordings)
would be uploaded to the "DB in the sky".

To start, I think I would just consider the fact that you record say
"Star Trek" as a single vote for that program. I suppose I could take in
to account recording priority to add another aspect to system, but I'm
not sure how useful that would be.

--
Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>