[mythtv-users] Mythtv not changing cable box command line works

David Lyons djlyons1 at cox.net
Wed Oct 27 02:51:20 UTC 2004

No I do not want to do it this way, but that is what works. I would love
to be able to use lirc/linux box but after 2 months of trying I am going
to "what works"

	1. I have swapped out my SA3250 for a SA2200 (and back again)
and tried to use the default SA2000 control file that comes with lirc
and that did not work.
	2. I have tried to "learn" my remote, and I am able to build a
"mylircd.conf file with no noise it still does not work.

	At this point, I have kludged this together so it works (even
with mythtv). It is not my ideal config, and I am still looking at
getting any blaster to work with lirc.  From reading the threads I don't
see anyone that has been able to get lirc to control a SA3250 box
successfully.

	I have read every write-up and talked with other people, I have
yet to find a person controlling a SA3250 successfully with lirc. If you
can send my some links I would appreciate it.

	That being said if anyone else wants details on my kludge to
control a SA3250, please let me know.

Dave