[mythtv-users] XFS Format on FC2 from Jarod's Guide

Anthony Vito anthony.vito at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:25:09 UTC 2004

> I was reading over Jarod's guide, and noticed at the very beginning he
> states "Be sure to choose XFS as the partition format type for the
> /video partition, as the selection will default to ext3."
>
> I was going through the install process and do not see this option.
> All I see is:
> ext2
> ext3
> physical volume (LVM)
> Software Raid
> swap
> vfat
>
> Which solution is the correct one? Is the XFS selection from FC1?

When you boot off of CD 1 you need to type "linux xfs" to start the
install. This will enable the xfs install option. There is a bug in
FC2 which will hang the machine after the install is complete if you
use XFS. ( maybe it just applies if you use XFS for your boot
partition or something ) The work around (If you run into it) is to
turn off the machine after the install is complete and it hangs. Then
boot with CD1 into rescue mode and edit /etc/fstab to not use labels
since this is the problem.... peace

--
Anthony Vito
anthony.vito at gmail.com