[mythtv-users] Which filesystem deletes large files the fastest?

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:04:45 UTC 2004

I've been using XFS and I've been pretty happy with it. You also might
want to search the archives because I remember reasing a comparison of
different filesystems and how fast they were. I want to say Reiser was
the fastest but was the slowest at deleting files. XFS seemed like a
good decision after reading that article.
-Chris

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:58:59 +0200, Asciimonster
<asciimonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> I'm currently useing Reiser and store my recordings as mpeg2 (for easy
> playback by PVR350 TV-Out). The .nuv usually have sizes varying between
> 1.5 and 4 Gb. I noticed it sometimes takes a really long time to delete
> them. The disk writes sometimes interrupts the recoding/playbackestream too.
>
> Which FS deletes large files the fastest, without loosing too much when
> it crashes?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi