[mythtv-users] Mythweb security

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Tue Oct 26 16:15:35 UTC 2004

I suggested awhile back to check login that would do some simple limiting on
the prioirity setting.  This would limit the max priority that a user can
have.

The inspiration was similar... my gf set something to +75 on my system

If I had to do it, I would still use the apache login, but then check the user
inside mythweb.  Yes, this ties it to apache - but it could be made to fail
gracefully - as in the priority restrictions don't work if you run it on
something else - or code in modules to handle the other servers.

I'd be willing to code it in, but I would want the maintainer to agree that it
is good and would be included.

Later