[mythtv-users] Re: Lirc - could not open /dev/lirc

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Oct 26 07:48:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 08:45:53PM -0500, Brian Donaldson wrote:
> [root at localhost mythtv]# /sbin/depmod -a
> [root at localhost mythtv]# /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
> [root at localhost mythtv]# /sbin/service lircd start
> Starting infrared remote control daemon:                   [  OK  ]
> [root at localhost mythtv]# exit
> exit
> [mythtv at localhost mythtv]$ /usr/bin/irw
> 00000000000017e5 00 OK hauppaugegrey
>
> Now if I reboot Lirc stops working again.

The commands above are for the current session, if you want to make
them persistant across reboots, you'd have to edit /etc/modprobe.conf
and use chkconfig.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net