[mythtv-users] RE: database upgrade error in upgrade from mythtv .15.to .16

Vince Busam vince at busam.com
Tue Oct 26 04:23:58 UTC 2004

> Below is a sample where it looks like the column is removed but
> then it comes back.  I can't figure out what is going on.  For db
> mythconverg the mysql mythtv with the default password in
> /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt works from the command line and it
> has all privileges, except grant.  I did a grep for running
> processes with "myth" and none showed up.

It was a struggle but I finally got .16 working.  I'm not sure exactly why I
had problems but here goes...

I stopped the mythbackend service.  I stopped my script that kept trying to
restart mythfrontend.  One of the two of these was likely creating the
lastmodified and filesize columns in recorded.  (Could it be that
mythbackend didn't finish upgrading the database before the frontend program
started and also tried to upgrade it?  Could be such a race condition.)

Then I kept getting errors on column starttime in table program:

mysql> alter table program change starttime starttime datetime not null;
ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry '1002-2004-10-31 01:00:00' for key 1

However when I did a select or delete, it reported only one row - not
multiple:

mysql> delete from program where chanid=1002 and starttime='2004-10-31
01:00:00
';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)

I did a few of these deletes by hand but they kept coming so I finally
deleted all from 10-31 on.

Then I started mythbackend by hand and it came up.  Then mythfrontend came
up.

My thanks to all the developers, documenters, etc. who make MythTV such a
great program!

Vince