[mythtv-users] pcHDTV with PVR-350 for output

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 25 23:28:40 UTC 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 15:47, Preston Crow wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 16:19, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > I haven't checked the CPU load, but on my Athlon XP 2500+ (barton core)
> > > and GeForce FX 5200, I'm having some trouble with my current settings
> > > on Myth
> >
> > I'm guessing you're frequently pegging your CPU.
>
> 720p: 81%
> 1080i: 65%

Interesting. Those are lower than I was thinking they'd be... Ah, I presume
you're not running any deint filters though, correct? I'm curious how much
scaling taxes the cpu, since I resize everything to my 1760x960 mode, rather
than outputting straight 1920x1080... I'll have to try 1920x1080 outright, I
guess...

> The 720p is higher because it's not only decoding the video but also
> scaling it to 960x540.  I expect once I switch to a better XF86Config
> and XRandR, those numbers will go down slightly.

Definitely interested how much of a difference that makes.

Also, what exactly are the playback problems you're having? (Or did I miss
that part?). I just assumed it was non-smooth video and/or audio from a
pegged cpu... I've been assuming way too much lately, for some reason... :-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...