[mythtv-users] Re: Making DVDs menus with chapters

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 25 23:05:18 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:40:36PM -0500, Lane Schwartz wrote:

> Ah, mythtvburn... How I want to love it....
>
> I have a PVR-250, and I have tried mythtvburn. No success. From what I
> can tell digging through the scripts, mythtvburn assumes that you're
> using KnoppMyth (or at the least using Debian).

KnoppMyth.  I'm using Debian, and I had to edit at least a half
dozen files that had hard-coded paths in them.  What I couldn't
understand was _why_ there were hard-coded paths for all the
utilities.  When I did a "apt-get install" for the required
utilities, they all ended up in /usr/bin.

> I'm not. I've tried mucking through the script to make it work
> on my system, but so far no success.

The instructions say to edit a couple files and put the proper
paths for things.   That's not sufficient -- you have to edit
most of the shell scripts and fix paths.

> The other aspect is that I don't really want to burn my commercials to
> DVD.

Yup, that's why I don't use it.

> Right now I use nuvexport to cut the commercials.

That's next on my list of things to try.

--
Grant